Selmer Paris Contra Alto Clarinet 40
Find a Dealer
Sounding two octaves lower than a traditional alto clarinet, the contra-alto clarinet is a staple instrument for symphonic bands, wind ensembles and clarinet choirs. Selmer is the most popular name in contra-alto clarinets.
Featuring a unique body design crafted from dense rosewood, the Selmer contra-alto packs the expected Selmer low clarinet punch but is more covered and warm.
Other major features include and articulated G#, Eb lever and an automatic octave key.
- Rosewood Body: Powerful yet covered sound
- Articulated G# Keys: Easier transition and trills
- Range to low E-flat
- Adjustable Neck: Offers more flexible tuning options
- Leather Pads w/ Metal Resonators: Perfect seal coupled with greater resonance and projection in lower register
- Lightweight Case: Easier to transport
|Body Material||Seasoned Rosewood|
|Neck | Bell||Silver Plated Brass|
|Key Material||Nickel Silver|
|Spring Type||Stainless Steel|
|Pads||Leather w/ Metal Resonators|