In April of 1955, Vincent Bach completed and delivered six C trumpets to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Four were selected by individual members of the trumpet section and purchased by the Orchestra. The remaining two were sold to a music store for individual customers. Now, almost fifty years later, these trumpets are still revered, still in use, and still the property of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Each instrument is assigned to a specific section member. Today, however, other trumpet players are in for a treat, as Conn-Selmer has introduced the "new" Bach Stradivarius C180SL229CC "Chicago" C trumpet, an instrument closely based on these original designs.